Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Curry for Your Thoughts - At Singapore Chicken Rice

Singapore is known to be a melting pot of cultures and flavors. When I discovered Singapore Chicken Rice, a fastfood found in the corner of Times Square Ave., Shopwise Building, Araneta Center, Cubao, I was drawn. The prices are just right for those tight in the budget. When I end up on overtime in my area back in my work with B. Braun Avitum, I would take my dinner once in awhile in this fastfood.


I was first drawn to their Best-Seller, White Chicken, and I was so into the ginger sauce. Then, through these few years, there is an addition to their offering, the curry. I do not know why I keep coming back for curry. When friends join me to eat here, I suggest either the white chicken or the chicken curry. I must really have the innate genes that comes from India, that gave me that prominent Indian/middle eastern look (noticeable also among my extended families), and the craving for curry.



For those tight on the budget, Chicken Curry with Rice is Php88. And you can ask for service water. Good enough? I invited 2 friends in the past and we paid less than Php500 for a satisfying meal for 3 that includes drinks and dessert. Compare it to what we spent at Orchard Road, SM Megamall, Php2500, for 5 people. And we were still looking for another stop for food (meaning we weren't satisfied, nothing impressive about the taste, just heavy in the pocket and not on your tummy).



Really thick curry sauce, with real spices. I got the breast part with part of the thigh. 

No comments: