Saturday, May 29, 2010

Experiment No. 6: Fish Patties pag di na gusto ang Century tuna in brine

I have opened a can of Century Tuna in brine given to me as pasalubong by a friend who came from the factory store. It was the big can... I cannot finish 1 big can and am sure when I refrigerate it, lalansa ito... Pero no choice... Ref!


It took me a day to go back to my ref and saw the chunks yet of tuna and when I saw the onion bulbs growing in the shelf, I decided to think...

1 cup of tuna flakes
1 packet of bread crumbs of about 1 1/2 cups
1 big onion bulb (white or red) - Chopped
2 medium eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated cheese (saw the parmesan drying in the ref din kasi) maybe 2-3 tbsp

Mix everything and shape in burger patties of 2 inches in diameter. Heat the pan and put a swish of cooking oil. Fry the patties, brown both sides. (Technically, the tuna flakes are cooked so it is just a matter of warming it and being able to cook the egg that binds the ingredients together.) Place in paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve with rice or bread and ketchup...

No comments: