Saturday, November 16, 2013

Where is My Son? - Senator Victoria (Dissecting the Taping Experience)



I may have wondered about becoming an actor. Many of us when we were kids may have dreamed of becoming an actor some day or maybe to be seen on TV. Admit it! We always wanted to be in the limelight... Or to take the spotlight in one way or another.


My first experience with TV probably was when the Quiz Bee competition back in grade school (ahem!) years ago was shown in RPN 9. Well, it wasn't really thrilling then because of the fact that back in the province, away from the repeaters and TV transmitters, there wasn't any television signal. The TV sets were usually with the BETAMAX to be useful.





Then, there was My Binondo Girl last year. I was a part of the crowd. :) (With a big smile) But then I had the chance to take on behind the scenes of the final taping day. That was the Wedding Scene that I posted last year in this blog. I had the chance to shoot for the blog as well as take the role as one of the wedding photographers. Friends wondered why I had photos of the said wedding, and that was why - I was in the set that day.

Joining a taping whether as a talent or a staff requires an important rule to remember - that the taping and what has happened to the story must be kept in secrecy. But this rule seems to be one of the most difficult rule to keep, especially with the high tech phones of today. When you want to show-off that you are currently with a big star, you would want to have a photo op and post immediately on your Instagram. Then, you are dressed for the scene that you want your friends to see how you are dressed that you take a selfie, and with your GPS, you announce your exact location. Bam!

With Bukas na Lang Kita Mamahalin, I braved my fear of the camera again.... ?????? The final taping day was set in a cemetery, Himlayang Filipino in Tandang Sora, Quezon City. I took the cab to the location. As we entered the gate, I asked the guard about the taping for Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin. The guard directed us to the area. The title immediately rang the driver's ears. Toink! So really, can't really keep a secret on a popular show, totally, no-no-top-secret-ever!

The show has already ended. So let me take you to a trip to what happened behind the scenes.


Remember, Senator Victoria said something about where his son is and what has happened to her son since the casket is only filled with rocks.
In between the takes, everybody is busy to look for a shade as it is already midday.

I was among the Press People for that scene. Here are the others waiting for the next shoot.
That is Number 7 in the plate number, right? So the Plate number 7 is for the Senator's car?
Regulars. A talent as one attending the funeral, and a talent as one of the Senator's bodyguards.  


Then the cameras started rolling again. In a scene, it may take you several repetitions of what you are doing whenever the director shouts "ACTION!" Observe in the 2 shots. The first one shows the camera men behind Rayver and Jose. The take is meant for the action in font of them. If the cameras are rolling, they must be taking the crowd vs. Dina as Senator Victoria. And the press and all of the crowd behind. 
Another take. See Dina behind? That is when she is running away from the camera to the car.
Senator Victoria (Dina) is stoned by the crowd. Sorry, but we can't hurt anyone in a shoot. This is paper mache made to shape as a stone. It was planted by the art department around the scene for the crowd to pick up and throw. 
Run! Run! Victoria!
This is how you throw the rocks? Then Victoria falls. Cut! And make-up, to show Victoria bleeding in the head.
So here are Tonton Gutierrez, Dawn Zulueta, and Gerald Anderson. I tried to capture this as we were acting as the greedy press who want to take a scoop! So there, the camera is actually rolling in front. I am behind.... hehehehe. Imagine?
See how the police talent acts behind Tonton? The cameras are rolling in front where Dawn is supposed to be hit by Rayver's bullets.
Now I am behind another talent as Press. I hope this take is in the final roll...
There was actually a take when Gerald literally bumped me out of the way as he runs in the scene to catch Rayver. And the cameras are rolling. So I was looking forward for that scene then.

And the final episode played on TV on November 15, 2013.

I ended up laughing at myself. Remember Mike Wazowski? Monsters Inc.? In the part when he was part of the cover of the magazine? Hehehe. Never mind...


Rayver, Me, and Gerald!

Me and Jose Sarasola.

This is what Loida (played by Ms. Vilma Santos) must have felt in EKSTRA... And then its going to be just another day!

No comments: