Wednesday, July 04, 2012

With Chocolate, You can Never Go Wrong - CONFECTIONS BY SHAMUS


Once in a while, I get to savor sweet things. I control my intake of sweets because my family has a history of diabetics. Then I found out about a friend, Shamus, working on a commissary business of pastries. His specialty is on short breads. I was never keen nor really knowledgeable on terms in baking until, impressively, I got lectured on pastry. A shortbread is a pastry whose texture is a cross between a cake and a cookie. And when he described his product, I got curious and wanted to try them out, a sinful temptation. Then I asked what is his most recommended shortbread to bring at a friend's party, and he said that "with Chocolate, you can never go wrong". Hmmm, who doesn't like chocolates (unless you are allergic to chocolate). Chocolates are favorite pasalubong when a relative comes home from abroad. Chocolates are the best partner to roses when courting someone. Chocolate is the most popular drink, alternate to coffee and tea.


I, finally was able to taste the Chocolate Shortbread. It is not dry and hard as a chocolate cookie, not too sweet as chocolate crinkles, fuller and heavier than a piece of cake. It really melts in the mouth with the butter and every hidden ingredient in every piece. The main thing that I like in this shortbread is it being not too sweet, the perfect play of sweet and bitterness of chocolate. This is because of the high grade imported chocolate used is of 100% Cocoa.

A box of Chocolate Shortbread. This is a 30-pc box. Other sizes can be available tailored to orders. A perfect gift for  special occasions, alternative to the usual Cakes.

Chocolate used is imported high grade chocolate, 100% Cocoa




Perfect partner to Coffee, Milk, or Tea.





CONFECTIONS BY SHAMUS, a commissary supplier of pastries, for coffee shops, giveaways and desserts for special occasions/events/functions. If you are interested to order, just contact this blogger for details, will be happy to refer you to Shamus.

No comments: